You are what you eat!
The MicroLife BodyGem uses indirect calorimetry to determine your resting metabolic rate (RMR) to help you optimize your weight loss or performance goals with nutrition. Instead of estimating RMR with the Harris-Benedict or Katch-McArdle formula, the BodyGem scientifically determines your metabolic fingerprint, that is unique to you. To perform a measurement, you simply breathe into the device, which measures your oxygen consumption (VO2) to determine your unique metabolic rate.
Keys to Success
- Eat above your BMR and below your total calorie expenditure
- Regular meal intervals
- Proper ratio of macronutrients (CHO-Protien-Fat) vs. micronutrients
- Optimal calorie intake per meal
- Proper cardiovascular activity
- Highly metabolic strength training
Caliper testing is considered the second most accurate method of body composition testing next to hydrostatic weighing in a water tank. Our testing methods use a 3-site test and can determine your current body composition, a more valid method of weight evaluation than BMI.